BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Story Time

So, yesterday Seb and I drove almost from one end of town to the other in search of books. We went to the library so he could check out a book and play for a while. I haven't ever been in a library where you check out your books and everything...It was pretty cool.And Seb loves all the little puzzle boards in the Children's room. It's pretty cool in there. There's big stuffed animals and toys and lots of things to get kids interested in reading. I think being in that kids' room makes me feel like a little kid too. I get totally comfy in there on the couch, just reading my book, while Seb plays with the toys...Silly, I know, but I like it.
So, then, after our little adventure at the library, we went over to Barnes and Noble for storytime, which wasn't bad. Four books and forty-five minutes later though, Seb wasn't being as patient anymore and was starting to wiggle around on the bench. I absolutely love Barnes & Noble but they can get pretty expensive there. So it was mostly just looking at the little plush toys and skimming some of the books. I think it would be great to start building Seb's own personal library here soon, but there isn't much room to put all the books right now...Well, at least that's what I am telling myself so that I won't spend a bunch of money in the book store. I think reading is extremely important though, and things like storytime make it even more fun to learn to read. Seb really liked it in there...All the books, toys, and that little stage in there...Seb couldn't get enough of that stage. He kept running up there and posing and saying "Take my picture". It was pretty hysterical. I think Amber would have been very surprised to see him so eager to have his picture taken, since everytime she tries to get a quick shot of him, he gets shy and makes a grouchy face. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. I think we'll do it next week too. There's a dog by the name of Biscuit that is coming to storytime--a real dog or a big doggy costume, I have no idea, but we'll find out. As always, I'll be there with my camera. Hey, maybe I should've gotten a job as a photographer. hehehe

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like lots of fun was had! Hopefully I'll get to go with you (cameras in hand of course!) this week considering that I'm pathetic and Connor's never been to the library! And Seb posing for pics, wow! I betcha if I had been there he would've gotten shy and not smiled at all!

Pixie said...

Yeah, I think you're right. I don't know why he gets so shy around other people (and their cameras). This story time was at Barnes & Noble...it's Fridays and Saturdays. I think we're going Saturday for that one...we'll see. :)

The Music in My Head...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones