BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Arnold Palmer or Mario Andretti?

Well, Sunday everyone went out to Eagle Crest to hit some golf balls at the driving range. Seb and I came out a little after that. Naturally, he wanted to drive the golf cart. Jason and Timmy were the only ones playing in our group...his parents and Crystal were in their own group, so we ended up getting two carts because Timmy's just four days short of being able to drive his own cart (you've gotta be 18). So Seb and I were cruising around behind them with the camera, taking pictures of everything like we had our own press pass. I think I got some good ones though. It was fun, relaxing, and pretty uneventful for the most part. Instead of little ground squirls and gophers this time there were plenty of deer to look at. And during the slower parts of the day when the guys were looking for a ball or waiting on other people, Seb and I were driving around, going over all those little hills on the course just like in the movie Toys. Instead of just playing the usual 9 holes, the guys decided it would be so much fun to go for all 18. It really was pretty fun actually, but somewhere around the seventeenth hole Timmy asked for a ride on my cart...but instead of getting in it he wanted to ride on the back where the golf clubs would normally be. I'm sure you can all see where this is going already, but obviously we didn't at the time. So I'm racing along the golf course up to Timmy's clubs, conveniently located on Jason's cart, and I take a sharp right turn...not up until this point he was hanging on. So all of a sudden I turn and off he flies. It was incredibly funny and awkward...not a graceful bone in this kid's body, but then again, how graceful could anyone be flying off a golf cart?! So I got stopped and turn around to make sure he's all right and there he is lying in the grass. I think it gave him a bit of a headache but no other real harm was done. It did worry me for a second until I knew he was going to be okay. I couldn't believe he flew off the cart like that though. He was hanging on until right before I turned the cart. Needless to say, even Seb wanted to walk the rest of the course after that, which he'd been doing most of the day anyway. He was so tired when we got in the car to head home that he was asleep probably three miles from the course and didn't wake up again until this morning around 8am. He even slept through dinner. I kept asking him if he wanted a ride, but he just kept saying "Come pick me up, ...ommy!" the way he always calls me when there's a consinent on the previous word. And then I'd cruise over in the cart to get him and he'd say "I'm gonna get you,...ommy! Here I come." and there was the occasional "I'm gonna run ...ommy". Good times!

1 comments:

Amber said...

You know for some reason I put a comment on here last night but it didn't go through! But as I was saying last night hopefully Timmy is all better now, although that's funny!! It reminds me of the time that a lot of us decided to go 4-byin (I think that's how you spell it!) and Mike A. was riding on the back of Candy's Jeep and she took a big bump and off he went! It was absolutely hilarious to watch and even he was laughing! Luckily he wasn't hurt at all just a few scrapes I believe! Ahh, those were the good ol days!

The Music in My Head...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones