BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Daddy Warbucks, where are you?

Okay, so today I sat down to do the bills and all I could think was "Man, where does all the money go?" Of course, looking at the bills, I obviously know the answer to this question! Yes, we do indulge in a little more than we should, the same privilege we've always allowed ourselves, but now we have more thing to worry about in the civilian world. I'm not entirely sure that I like it either, having been spoiled by the military life. It's just so depressing to do the bills though, isn't it? When you know you just don't really have any money, and 25% of what little work I actually did in the last two weeks isn't going to be anything! I think it's time we get right down to it and start getting rid of those unnecessary things. Of course I have to wait until Deadwood is over to cancel the HBO, but I think it's time to make some adjustments. I don't want the stress of "trying" to make the rent payments on time and worrying about "robbing Peter to pay Paul". I think Bend is a little more expensive than I thought it would be but I haven't really known any other life as an adult (except for the military) until now, so it's an adjustment, but it's worth it if I get to see Jason everyday and not have to worry about where he is, if he's okay, when I can talk to him next, if he'll be there when the next baby is born. So, when I make out the bills and get completely overwhelmed (as most blue-collar families do) I just think about how lucky we are just to have each other...Sappy but true!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Bills are one of my worst enemies!!! I hate doing them every month such a pain in the a** Ahh maybe some day I'll win the lottery! But of course I'd actually have to buy a ticket in order to win and nope don't think I've ever bought a ticket! I leave it up to my mom to buy the tickets and then if she wins I know she'll spread the wealth ;-)

Pixie said...

Good thinking, I'll start playing the lottery, just kidding. I know bills are so damn depressing. Oh well. :)

The Music in My Head...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones