BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

That's right, at 5:52 p.m. 24 heart breaking years ago, I was born in big ol' California. Yep, only six more years to pop out the rest of our little kiddies before I refuse to have anymore. I've already received phone calls from my family (which I lost composure and started crying with my dad) and Happy Birthday wishes from Seb, Jason, and my mother-in-law...Along with my sister-in-law who thought it would be funny to call and wish me a Happy Birthday and remind me that I was OLD! I'm not sure what happened really, but hitting 23 just wasn't much fun and 24 seems worse. I know, I know, "Shut up already, Court! You're still in your' 20's, what's the big deal?", right? To be honest, I have no idea, I just feel like it's just another day.

I would love to have awoke to a flower or breakfast in bed or a little lovin' from the hubby, but instead I woke up to Seb needed to be covered up around 4:30 a.m. and then wanting his t.v. turned on around 8--just in time for Bob the Builder. We did enjoy breakfast at McKay Cottage (one of my favorite places) but then we came home to get to work on stuff around the house. I guess I was just kind of hoping the world could revolve around me for a few minutes...

I've been incredibly hormonal and balling my eyes out most of the day. I feel like a little kid. I guess I still have a lot of growing up to do. I thought maybe we could go out for dinner somewhere nice, even Johnny Carino's or something, and that maybe my in-laws would want to come along...I mean, my mom and I and Seb took Jason to Baldy's and then for ice cream just to try and make things seem special, not to mention we baked him a cake. And we got him things he really wanted and we knew he'd use. How selfish of me, I know, I just wish I could have got something from him for my birthday and maybe my in-laws could have asked Jason what I would have liked instead of picking random stuff that I most likely will never use or presents they started working on for me last year-I do like my scarf though, it almost makes me feel like royalty. I almost took myself to a movie today just to do something fun.

I know that when you get older you're birthdays aren't such a big deal anymore and people my age are out drinking or whatever but I'm a little too pregnant for that and we don't really have anyone to keep Seb overnight without making a fuss out of it so it didn't feel like Jason and I had any real alone time this weekend. I think it's just because I was the baby of the family and I'm used to being spoiled by my family that I feel this way. I don't expect some huge party or anything, but it would be nice to just feel a little of the celebration spirit! Wine, wine...No cheese! I'll feel better tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your birthday is not going as you would hope. But I hope you still have a great birthday and a great year to come.

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie, sorry about the birthday. I do hope the night gets better for you. love ya lots. Happy birthday.

Life Is Good said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COURTNEY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

GOD'S BLESSINGS TO YOU!
GOD'S BLESSINGS TO YOU!
GOD'S BLESSINGS DEAR COURTNEY!
GOD'S BLESSINGS TO YOUUUUUUU!!!!!

Oh and well as far as the dear hubby even though we are madly in love with our spouses they still suffer from an affliction...testicles. It makes them totally oblivious to things like birthdays, taste in curtains and throw pillows....you know.

My mantra...if it has tires or testicles...it's gonna be a problem!

Smile! You have a new wonderful life inside you and a wonderful excuse for your moodiness. Those of us not pregnant can't have PMS 28 days a month...people would get suspicious!

Anyway...you are still young and you have a wonderful marriage, a great son and another on the way! Those right there are pretty awesome gifts. And..well...I'm sorry to say...we don't get clowns and balloons (usually) after we turn 12 anyway.

Birthday hugs from me! Blessings on the next year!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Court!!! Sorry that thimgs didn't go quite as you would've hoped! Damn hormones! I know those hormones have a hold of me cuz I've been crying and emotional too!

Shasta's Stuff said...

Hey there!
I'm sorry about your birthday, I've had a few of those as well and it is alright every now and then to have a down day and be a little disapointed. Lord knows I am most of the time when Nick is concerned. :-) Happy Birthday late!

The Music in My Head...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones