BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Does this Baby make me look FAT?

There are definitely pros and cons to being pregnant. I can live without the cravings and having to pee all the time and I could stand being able to breathe when I lean forward, but I love learning about all the changes that are taking place inside my body and I just feel blessed to be one of the lucky ones to actually get to experience pregnancy and birth.

I love feeling and watching my belly move, completely under the power of the little creation inside of me! I love to push on the edge of my quite shallow belly button and feel the hardness of a baby on the other side. I love to take warm showers and rub soapy circles on my abdomen and watch the baby squirm from it. I am completely in awe of everything that's happening to my body.

People have been asking us, since we found out we are having another boy, if we will try again, try for a girl. I have been quoted as saying "We'll probably try again." But it's not for a girl...Just for another baby. I wouldn't mind having a daughter but if I had nothing but boys I would still feel blessed! I do love being pregnant and I do love babies and Jason and I have talked about a big family, I am certain that in a couple years we'll try for a third baby.

I am so excited to embrace this new birth the way I did with Seb and I know that my love will grow with each new member of our family! And in a little over nine weeks we will meet our newest family member. What a Catch 22! Will the time fly by or drag on? Maybe a little of both. But I'm told that once we find our own groove, it will be like Shanon was always here. We will officially be a little family of four...I can't wait!

Pardon all those sexy stretch marks. hehe

4 comments:

Life Is Good said...

Pregnancy is the coolest thing is it not? I was always amazed at what our bodies went through and that a little person is formed in the process. It was always kind of fun to get to "hog" the baby to yourself! Then of course after birth it is the whole breastfeeding thing that gets to make you mommy and mommy alone! Daddy can't breastfeed! I loved that feeling and I loved the quiet moments I got to share with my kids while nursing. They both weined themselves by seven months cuz they had things to do besides "snuggling" with mommy but that is okay.
I couldn't agree with you more about the "flavor" issue. I have lots of friends with two or three boys or two or three girls and they are more than happy with the "flavors" that they were given. It is more about being blessed with a baby than a specific sex. I have one of each and I would love them either way...they are my children...my gifts from God. My kids are a compliment to my life...not my reason for living...although I love them dearly.
BTW? Why do you keep your dog food in your closet? Are you have some weird midnight snacking thing going on?

hee hee Just kidding!

Pixie said...

It is amazing how are bodies work and how blessed we are with these little creatures.
Haha, I didn't notice the cat food in the closet until you mentioned it. My mom's cat is staying with us and is quite the Houdini and breaks into the food if we don't lock it up...I still have to put up cabinet locks before I can store the food somewhere else. LOL

Amber said...

You look great Court!! I can't believe it's almost time for Shanon to make his debut! Can't wait! I'm looking foward to our babies getting to know each other! Maybe they'll be like Connor and Makayla ;-)

Sabrina said...

You look awesome and we are belly-twins as far as the stripes go.... But I love everything about my children, and that includes the war wounds created in their making! I agree with you on the gender issue as well... I have one of each but really we just knew we wanted CHILDREN, and it didn't really matter what "kind" we got. Now that we're done I'm definately gonna be living vicariously through you and others still in the "game"! I think that's why I'm so gung-ho to be a doula.. I am constantly amazed at what our bodies are able to do, what we as women are able to do. Our strength is amazing. Keep up the good work, Mama! and keep up the pics! I LOVE baby bellies!!!

The Music in My Head...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones