
Today I decided to take a nice, long, warm, soapy shower (for those of you who actually get those and know what I'm talking about) instead of a short, in-and-out, wash the hair and run out the door kind of shower. As I usually do, I was rubbing soapy bubbles all over my belly, which may be what gets Shan wiggling around in there, I'm not sure. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but our shower has one normal shower door and one that's got a pseudo-mirror on the inside. I couldn't help but stare at my belly in amazement...Our bodies are so awesome! --To change so much to grow this little creature inside of it. Then I noticed my belly button. Have you seen that Vegie Tales music video with Boyz in the Sink? Well, let me refresh your memory...It goes something like this: "I got to tell you something, I don't have a belly button." Yep, that's me, I'm the gourd without the belly button. It makes me chuckle when I think about how my belly button is try to turn into an "outy" and all the "marks of life" on my belly (lots of life there). With or without the stretch marks though, I'm loving my big, fat pregnant belly! Absolutely LOVING it! I've been a little tired the last few days though, so I'm trying to sneak naps while Seb's having "quiet time" in his room. I think my eyes actually crossed about four times yesterday while I was trying to listen to one of Seb's stories. haha I told Jason that I don't remember what contractions feel like, but my belly's having tightness and I'm having lots of pressure, so maybe I'll just kind of dilate on my own and then be ready in the next couple days. After tomorrow morning, all bets are off and the walking and...well, we're just say "the whatnot"...Can begin! The first race of the season is on the 21st and I really want to be there to watch Jason, so this baby will have to arrive before or after that. HA! Like kids ever do what you're hoping or planning, right? Okay, we'll just see...I'm getting excited (and a little nervous, I think).

Do I look a little worn out here?

How's that for a big belly?
3 comments:
I love the belly button song! Every time Zach tells me where is belly button is he follows it up with belly button uh uh! So cute! And that is a big belly!! But super cute none the less and you look so good for being full term!
You look very good. I love all the pictures. I hope Shan will come after Jason's race so that you do not miss it. Take care
You oughta see somebody about that beer belly though...have you thought about drinking light beer? Or maybe diet soda?
Nah...you look great! Looking forward to pics of your new little man!
Post a Comment