

Well, I hope everyone had a great day today and a safe and fun New Year's Eve. It was nice for us, we headed off to church, had a nice time there, then Jason had a service call, which turned into three, so Seb and I played at the house and waited for my mom to arrive. Then after she got into town, and Jason got home, we booked it to the fairgrounds in Redmond to get ready for the PBR. I didn't realize we'd be quite so early but we wanted to get there in plenty of time to pick some great seat, since it was open seating in there. I think we ended up in some great seats. We were only about two to three feet from all the riders and the action. It wasn't like the PBR events that I'm used to, since this was mostly the younger guys trying to make the circuit, but it was still pretty fun. In fact, one of the riders was a kid I grew up with from back home, so that was kind of funny. Unfortunately, my dad didn't come over for this event which was a real bummer, because, not only did Tony Mendes, my dad's favorite rider, climb into the arena about a half a foot from where we were sitting, but we also got to meet him after the riding was done, which we hadn't been able to do at the event in Idaho. He was so nice and down-to-earth and we talked to him for about ten or fifteen minutes probably. He signed our book and some pictures for my dad and Seb and my mother-in-law. And then I got this idea about how funny it would be if I could get him on the phone with my dad..."Yeah, sure, I get that all the time" he says. Can you believe that? So I get my dad on the phone and tell him I have someone who wants to say hi and then Tony Mendes gets on the phone and talks to my dad, I kid you not. It was the coolest thing, poor Seb fell asleep but he's still got his autograph.
New Assigments and Learning to Sail
2 years ago




















4 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! And that's pretty awesome that that guy got on the phone with your dad! I'm sure it made his day :-)
Curious, the guy you ran into, someone from Crane?
Way cool Tony talked to your dad!
Oh god that sounds so awesome! I love rodeo's! That is so cool he got on the phone with your dad! I swear this next year I'm taking the boys and leaving Nick at home and going to the rodeos!
Yeah, I grew up with the whole rodeo thing, so I could take it or leave it, but I love the PBR. I imagine we'll take the boys to a rodeo during the fair, but it would mainly be for them, I get bored at them anymore. :p
Post a Comment