This was the first year I've ever been to the Bend Christmas Parade, said to be the second biggest parade in Oregon, so I'm told. There was definitely a lot going on, including a choir right in front of us to sing carols while we were waiting for the parade to start. Jason hasn't been back to the parade since he joined the Navy so it was pretty nice for him too. Of course, everyone was in such a hurry, as usual in this town, and we saw a car get cut off and almost hit the Parr Lumber truck, with the carolers on it no less, and a poor girl trying to walk across the street, some teenager who was off in his own little world almost hit her. Thank goodness she was looking! As soon as they blocked off the street though, we were all right there watching the floats go by. The jingle bell run was definitely cute, all the little kids running down the street and Santa trying to keep up with them. It was pretty fun, although I was a little disappointed that nobody threw candy, come to find out, it's not allowed anymore. It was a little different than my hometown parade, but a lot longer. We did take a couple pictures, of course we had to wear Lava Bears colors because Crystal was in the parade with the rest of the cheerleaders. I think Seb enjoyed it, especially eating his candy cane and having all Crystal's friends waving at him!

New Assigments and Learning to Sail
2 years ago




















4 comments:
Oh what fun!! At least it was fairly nice weather this year! Our niece and nephew were in the parade but we didn't get to see it since I was working, I couldn't actually even tell you the last time I saw the parade! It was a long time ago though!
Oh what fun!! At least it was fairly nice weather this year! Our niece and nephew were in the parade but we didn't get to see it since I was working, I couldn't actually even tell you the last time I saw the parade! It was a long time ago though!
Oh what fun!! At least it was fairly nice weather this year! Our niece and nephew were in the parade but we didn't get to see it since I was working, I couldn't actually even tell you the last time I saw the parade! It was a long time ago though!
Fun Fun We went to the parade too! I know it's such a bummer no candy, what the heck! Glad you had a good time though.
Post a Comment