Wow, I was running around all morning getting things organized for Seb's birthday party and things were going really well until we got to Freddy's. Boy, I don't know if it was a combination of all the smells in the deli and bakery or something else, but this awful icky feeling came over me and it was like stale air mixed in with too many different foods. I was trying to get the sandwich ordered and cake and get out of there before I completely embarrassed myself in front of all those people. I'm so glad nothing happened while I was in the store. I'm feeling much better now, but I'd forgotten what being in the first trimester was like. I was sick a good portion of that time with Seb and then again in my seventh and eighth months but it's been a while since I've experienced it. It almost feels like I'm a first time mom again. I'm a little out of practice, not like I'm fifty years old having another baby..."Oops", but Seb's growing so much everyday, he really just isn't a baby anymore. I think it'll be a little bit of an adjustment when the new baby comes. I mean, Seb sleeps through the night, is almost completely potty-trained, is pretty self-sufficient, and still whines but at least I can understand what he's trying to tell me. Now I have to become bi-lingual all over again, getting up in the middle of the night, and those nasty little poopy diapers in the first week...Wow, I guess I do remember a little bit more than I thought. Don't get me wrong though, I'm just reminiscing, and I'm completely thrilled about having this baby. And being nauseated will be over after the first trimester...I do get a little impatient about getting to my doctor's appointment on Monday and I'm anxious to have an ultrasound and start hearing and feeling the baby moving and all that really exciting stuff that I had with Seb, and of course, finding out what we're having!! Well, just two more days until I have my first appointment, then on the ultrasound and check-ups...YAY!
New Assigments and Learning to Sail
2 years ago




















1 comments:
Yay! Two more days. :-) Sorry about the nausea! I'm there with ya though, I felt horrible during the first trimester. Nick still brings up the fact that I owe him a new beard trimer because I destroyed him with a violent trip to the bathroom at 2am! :-) Can't wait to find out how far along you are.
Post a Comment