Hahaha, the ammo I have on him for later years! This potty training stuff isn't the worst. He's been doing fairly well since it's only been three days. He was doing really well around his 2nd birthday but then things got kinda side-tracked when we had to go home to my dad's for a while and our routine got all crazy.
Now we don't really have a routine, except to stay close enough to a bathroom that we can keep things consistent. I feel like every five or ten minutes I'm asking "Do you have to go to the bathroom, Seb?" I'm probably making him crazy, I know I'm getting a little grouchy about it. I just have to keep reminding myself that things like this take time, but none of the daycares I've talked to want a child there who isn't potty-trained. I'm probably just acting a little insecure about it, but I feel like they're on the other end of the phone thinking "Gosh! What a lazy mom. He doesn't even use the toilet by himself yet!" I think he'll get the hang of it when he's ready and I hate feeling like I'm forcing him into it. And since I would only be working part-time we wouldn't get top priority because all those self-sufficient mommies come first. I feel like I've kinda failed in a way, we spent all the money for me to get a good education and what have I really done with it? I'm excited about the idea of getting a job, but at the same time, I don't want a job right now. I want to be able to stay home and have babies!
It's funny how much things have changed. I used to think "I need to have something for myself. A job. A purpose." Now I just love being able to play with Seb and work on my books (who knows if I'll ever get around to getting those published), and have more babies. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Yes, sometimes it is very frustrating, but I love my life! I'm happy with the way things are and I want it to stay that way...having babies, raising them, and enjoying every second of it!!! Is that wrong? I don't know. I see these people running around town all day and life's just passing them by because they are so busy making money to enjoy things, but they're missing things. I enjoy taking care of my family in my own way I guess. Maybe I'm just crazy, but then, that's just me.
New Assigments and Learning to Sail
2 years ago




















2 comments:
I don't think you're crazy! I would spend every single day with my children if I could. I can't fathom these women who work so much and then do school, etc on top of that and then kids are left to fend for themselves. I guess I saw what it was like growing up with my mom working all the time and I didn't want that for my children.
As for the potty training he's not even 3 yet so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you stay consistent with what you're doing right now I think it'll be fine! Although I forced Connor and although it was hard at first it was so worth it in the end!
Thanks, that makes me feel better. Guess what...I AM nervous about my interview! I didn't think I would be, but surprise, surprise. Anyway, I'm off to do this. I'll probably get the job since I don't realy want it. haha I'll see you guys tonight. :)
Post a Comment