It was a fun, crazy, busy Christmas this year. Jason's grandma bought her very own house last year and wanted to host everyone so we all piled into our truck and drove over to Sweet Home for the holiday. It was my first time ever going over there, and the same for the boys. We really enjoyed it. Christmas was terrific and everyone had a great time.
We all needed to burn off a little energy so we took the boys to the park on Christmas eve. Kodi enjoyed a nice walk, made a friend with a feisty little min pin and Lucas did his best to keep up with us while the boys rode their bikes all over the neighborhood. We found this great little bridge and I had to get a picture. The houses were pretty neat and it was nice to get a chance to slow down and explore the town a little.
Then in the afternoon we headed to Brownsville...I've been wanting to see the town for about a year and Seb suggested that maybe it could be his present from him & his brothers and I've gotta say, it was everything I hoped it would be. None of the little shops were open because it was Christmas Eve but it was so much fun to walk around and look at all the great old historical buildings. We took Kodi for a walk and a local stopped us to ask about him and comment on how great he was, which was really cool. And other than getting excited when he saw a cat he was really well behaved. haha We even stopped and took a few family (or mostly family) photos, both of the big boys took turns snapping pictures of us. I had such a great time there and it really moves me that my 8 year old son would want to do something like that as a present for me. It meant more than he's ever going to know. And I've gotta say, if it weren't for Jason's job here I'd have our bags packed and we'd be looking for a house over there right now. haha
Anyway, that's pretty much our entire Christmas vacation on the other side of the hills. Although I'm looking forward to staying home more for our Christmases to come, I am definitely looking forward to going back over to Brownsville and maybe even getting a chance to head to Eugene for a game or two!























0 comments:
Post a Comment