BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

Another Birth Story...

I finally have a few minutes to sit down and blog about Lucas and the big day so I thought I'd share the experience. I'd gone to the doctor Tuesday morning and unfortunately he told me he couldn't induce me until Thursday morning, which was a little frustrating but what could I do so I decided to get things ready and be patient for two more days. However, my body had other plans because Wednesday morning around 9am I started contracting pretty good! They weren't too consistent, they were every 8-10 minutes, so I wasn't worried about it. I spent the day with my dad and the boys, then we met up with my mom before picking Seb up from school around 2pm. I'd been contemplating calling Jason for a couple of hours and by the time Jason was on his way home, at around 3:30, I was ready to head to the hospital.

We got to the hospital at 4pm. I was about 7 centimeters and getting pretty ready for my epidural at that point. I'm not sure why, but the contractions felt stronger with this pregnancy than with either of the others. They managed to get one dose of antibiotics into me and we were waiting for the second dose...I only had about 30 minutes left to go and they were going to give them to me early because they didn't think I'd make it much longer and then it happened! I told Jason it felt like I was going to start leaking and when he got up to call the nurse my water broke! This is the first time that's ever happened naturally, but unfortunately I didn't have my second dose of antibiotics so I was pretty worried. Thankfully, everything turned out okay and Lucas is doing awesome, but it was a little unnerving!

So my nurse checked me at about 7:45 and I was almost complete, she called the doctor and we got ready to push. I thought I'd get a couple "test pushes" like I did with Shanon but they said his head was low and I wouldn't need to do the test pushes. So, with Jason on my left side and Tina on my right I pushed for 3 minutes and there he was...Little Lucas Allen!

I couldn't believe it when I saw him! He was so little compared to his brothers...Smaller by a whole pound, taller than Seb but shorter than Shan at birth. He's definitely got his own personality, unlike the boys. Shan was more maintenance and Seb was quiet and content so I'd say Lucas is more like Seb, but even more chill than either of his brothers ever were. The only complaints this guy ever has are cold wipes and a hungry belly. Other than that he's totally zen...And I hope he stays that way!!

Me & Little Lucas...

Lucas & Daddy...Jason's a pro by now.


Lucas, chillin' in his Kiddopotamus & sportin' his new beanie (none of his hats fit so I had to make him a new one).

Taking a little nap...


My boys! They're laughing because Lucas just had a huge rumble in his pants, right on Seb's lap! And if I'm not mistaken, Lucas is smirking!

1 comments:

Life Is Good said...

Congrats Berry Family!

The Music in My Head...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones