This morning I was thinking about my OB appointment this morning, a little over an hour away. I'm finally down to my one week appointments. I'm totally excited! Although I'm really excited to be coming to the end of the pregnancy, I've gotta say I'm a little nervous too. This pregnancy hasn't been hard, but it's been a lot more emotional than what I had with the other boys, and for that I'll be glad to be done...Not to mention, I haven't been able to sleep on my stomach for the last 8 months and am very much looking forward to that again!
People have been starting to ask the question now..."Are you ready?" Funny, I'd forgotten to ask myself that one! So am I ready? Well, I'm ready to be done looking like the girl who swallowed the watermelon. But I'm not sure if I'm ready for another little person in our house. I mean, there's no turning back at this point, haha, but I will definitely have to prepare myself for hectic mornings and long nights again.
I guess I'm just thinking of it as this...When I go to a restaurant and I'm eating and talking and enjoying the evening. And I've ordered a drink but I'm only half way through it and feeling pretty good about myself and then the waiter comes and refills it before I'm ready for more. Suddenly I feel an obligation to finish that drink, even though I don't have to. So, I imagine my days being like that for a while...Feeling constantly overloaded and obligated to get everything done. And then we'll finally work out a routine and things will settle and get easier.
I was so eager to be done with this in a few weeks but, I have to admit it, babies are a lot easier to take care of on the inside!
New Assigments and Learning to Sail
2 years ago




















0 comments:
Post a Comment