Today was, I think, the official Meltdown! How do some mommies hold it all together while others unravel like a spool of thread? Where is the happy-medium between moms who don't care whether their kids wear shoes to the store and moms who run their household like it's a boot camp?
In the midst of Shan's all out scream-a-thon this afternoon it hit me...I know absolutely nothing about parenting! Where's the manual that came with him? It must be around here somewhere! Maybe I can refer back to the one that came with Seb? I must have just misplaced it!
All I can say is God created these boys at opposite ends of the spectrum! Seb was so simple and easy-going, truly the perfect baby...Even teething was a breeze for him! But Shan is quite the challenge...Although incredibly sweet, he is not one to be ignored! For a brief moment today I was ready to declare aloud that I was fine with just having two kids.
But then I look at their sweet faces, or listen to their cute little voices, or tease them about their "monkey toes", or look into their beautiful eyes. And I realize that, although it was incredibly selfish of me to ask God for such amazing little miracles, they are mine! And (if I could afford them) I would ask God a million times over to bless me with as many precious little beings as my heart and hands could hold!
New Assigments and Learning to Sail
2 years ago




















2 comments:
Okay so no one ever claims that having kids is easy...except for the ones who only have one.
Life is a lot different with two and that is why we only have two. That is why we will only ever have two. I love both of my children immensley but they are expensive, time consuming and they make a lot of laundry! Since I don't believe that only having one child really makes you a parent and at the other end of the spectrum we didn't seem to have any hope of inheriting a fortune we decided that two was a good number. Baby years are the hardest. When Shan is even just six months older life will get easier and although there will be trying times...it will get easier and easier until they turn teenagers and then I am sure we will wish for them to be babies because they are a lot less trouble as infants! Then we will be shocked that we uttered those words!
Every mommy has meltdown days and if someone tells you they didn't ...they are liars!
Hang in there...it will get easier. Don't feel guilty...especially if you decide two is a good number. When God said be fruitful and multiply he didn't expect you to to populate the earth on your own. Also, in this day and age we don't need eight kids to help run the farm! I have a hard time with people who sentence themselves and their kids to a life of poverty because they think their life is not full till they have three to six kids or the "flavor" that they desire.
In the end though...do what is right for you and your hubby and your marriage and well being. You are the one who lives with your choices and their consequences. BUT NEVER EVER FEEL BAD FOR HAVING A MELTDOWN! Motherhood is hard work!
Hey you!! Gosh your kids are cute! My motto? Being a parent is hard. Being a GOOD parent is the hardest thing on earth. Don't sweat the small stuff, just concentrate on what's important to you and seems to affect them. Trust God to see you all through, He won't let you down! Anyway, I hope life is going well for you all and I'll get on more if we ever manage to get a new modem. Stupid computers!!
Post a Comment