We had a pretty nice Easter this year. We had a nice quiet Saturday, the boys played outside while Jason cleaned up the yard a little and I laid out back with my blessed morning sickness. I boiled eggs while we ate lunch and then cooled them while the boys took a nap, since Shan was falling asleep on his plate. After the boys were a little refreshed we got to color the eggs...Or, I guess I should say I took a few pictures and when it was my turn to color some eggs, they were all finished.
The boys had a blast though. Seb colored two with his name, Shan did one in his name, Jason did ones for me, him & "Baby", and Seb did one for Tutu also.
The pink (or red maybe?) didn't work out...It was all separated and whatnot. But Seb still wanted to try it out. So when the egg came out without much color, he plopped it in the green cup too and it turned out pretty cute. It came out somewhere between lime & mint green, and was freckled with pink. I think it was my favorite.We opted to go to church Saturday night because I've been doing much better in the evenings. Sunday morning we took the boys to Juniper park to do some egg hunting. It was a little touch and go whether I'd need an Easter basket of my own or now (and we're not talking for the eggs either). While we were there we ran into some old friends, so it was nice to catch up!
After Jason got the ham in the oven, and we cleaned the house up a bit, we went outside to hide eggs for the boys. It was pretty funny to watch them. Seb's been doing this a while now so he's a bit more of a pro, but Shan would run and grab an egg and jump around and shout "Aha! Aha!" with every egg!
This was one of those "Aha!" moments.
He kept running from egg to egg, trying to save the lower ones for Shan.
The finally tally was Seb: 52, Shan: 39. And one of Seb's eggs ended up having a dollar bill in it! Not exactly the message I want the boys to get from Easter, but if someone else wants to put money in their Easter eggs, who am I to say no? haha.Jason's family came over for dinner and we had a really nice visit, except for when the power went out for a couple hours. Luckily, Jason was able to finish the ham on the BBQ so the only thing we weren't able to make was the stuffing. But the food was really good, everyone ate and talked and had fun. And Jason's mom brought me these gorgeous flowers to thank us for inviting them for dinner. It was such a sweet thought! The flowers are still up on the window sill and most of them are still doing great. It was a very pleasant holiday visit!






















0 comments:
Post a Comment