So Jason talked me into hunting. He started pretty subtly with teaching me how to shoot a bow during the spring. Then he bought me a Mossberg 7mm .08 for Mother's Day. haha Then he put us in for deer & elk season. Aaannd, I found myself out in the desert a couple weeks ago hunting for a buck.
I've always been very proud of Jason for being such a disciplined hunter and for taking a buck almost every year but there's something pretty awesome about getting our own!
We were up in a beautiful unit. I had an 11 day season and only had 3 1/2 days of that to hunt. It was on my last day out that Jason & I found him. We'd been all over, walked for miles, and seen nothing until around noon when we came across eight doe's. We were working our way out of the unit when we took a different road. Something less traveled. Jason found tracks as soon as we got out of the truck and after glassing a bit we turned around and saw him.
He was standing with three doe's bedded down. I walked over to a rock and crouched down. The doe's got nervous and stood up and when he turned I shot him at 89 yards. I took out both lungs and dropped him right on the spot (which I've always told Jason was my ultimate perfect outcome to a hunt).
It was an amazing experience and I'm so excited to be able to provide for my family this way. And I think I'm pretty much hooked! We have elk season coming up next month and I'm really hoping we both tag out again! Either way though we've been so blessed this season and I love that Jason loves me so my that he wanted to share this with me. He was so happy for me and so supportive. I think that made it such an awesome experience!























0 comments:
Post a Comment