This year Jason had a lot of calls during the holiday weekend so we tried to limit our stuff to what he could do when he was with us.
The boys and I made mini cakes to celebrate. Shan cut out the stars, Luke poured the icing, and Seb & I did the fondant work.
We hit the Vale car show to check out some great old classics!
This was my favorite!
We went to the parade. It was crazy hot out and the kids were collecting candy that was being thrown from the floats. Some of the floats were spraying water at the crowd. I didn't know this tradition but I sure like it. Some people in the crowd were shooting water back at the floats and even had water balloons. It was pretty fun.
On our way home we stopped on the Oregon Trail and took a couple pictures and did some reading. Seb is standing in an actual wagon rut!
What's Independence Day without a few photos of some cute little American made, Born in the USA, God-loving boys?!
We also managed to make it back to Vale the next day for the lumberjack competition. I didn't think it would be "off the hook" or anything but it did turn out to be more fun than I'd anticipated. Those guys really put themselves to the test, especially in the heat. It was fun the watch and the boys enjoyed it a lot.
I hope everyone else had a great 4th of July weekend and have recovered from all the excitement to get back to their work week. :)


























0 comments:
Post a Comment