Jason & I have been married for a little while now and we've moved several times in that time. Every time we move to a new house we get everything all set up in the kitchen and living room and the boys' rooms all set up and no matter where we live or how long we're there for we never set up our own room. The longest I think we've ever actually lived in a house was a little over three years and we didn't paint the walls, we didn't hang anything up. We never sprung for a new bed set or anything. I think the most we did was buy new pillows for ourselves.
Well enough is enough already. We have finally started decorating our own space a little. And after almost twelve years of marriage we have an awesome new bed frame...And the best part is we built it ourselves! I just showed Jason what I wanted and he drew up the plans. My dad gave us some old lumber from his shop and we got to work cutting it down to size and (my favorite part) sanding everything down. After everything got arranged to the style we wanted we nailed it all down and J sprayed everything with a clear coat which brought out the natural grain just beautifully. It was such a fun project to take on with my hubby. I love wood working!
So this was my "inspiration" for the project...Thank you Pinterest!
Lining up the headboard...
Adding the sides...
And now the foot board...
Supports for the mattress...
Plywood platform over the supports...
And it's done!





















0 comments:
Post a Comment