BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Shan Birth to 3 Years...


Oh, my little boy is going to be 3 years old at 1:30am tomorrow morning! I still remember everything about our last day as a family of three, my family driving out of town after a weekend visit, dropping Seb off with Grandma & Grandpa so Jason & I could have "one last date night before the baby gets here", driving to the hospital instead of the restaurant and meeting my little guy after waiting nine long months!

Every year, every birthday for these boys is the same to me...It's so bittersweet how fast my life is passing by and how quickly my beautiful children are growing up before my eyes. Every single day I get to spend with them I feel so blessed! I love to laugh with them, talk to them, teach them and learn from them, play with them...They are the most amazing people and I still can't believe sometimes just how God gave me these precious little people. It's brilliant and terrifying all at the same time.

It's funny. I was never been afraid to give birth or afraid to take them home, but once I felt them moving in my body and held them in my arms for the very first time, I just knew...I am tied to them by a responsibility to protect them and a fear of failing them that will linger my entire life. And until they grow up and find the love of their lives and have babies of their own, they will never possibly understand the feeling of pride and heartbreak that I will feel when my 2 year old boy turns 3 with all his friends and family.

0 comments:

The Music in My Head...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones